Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: GT vs Miami

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    GT vs Miami

    Paybacks are a *****. "Canes rolling 31-10
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GT vs Miami

    TD GT. 33-16. Go GT!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GT vs Miami

    Starting to see a little swagger again. Nice seing some points put up. Whipple has been a godsend.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GT vs Miami

    Good to see the defense play well. Hard to stop that option, especially when you have a team that runs it so well. Harris has impressed me as well. We still have a long ways to go IMO. Next 2 games we travel to Blacksburg and then host the Sooners. Going to be tough.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GT vs Miami

    Glad to get the GT win--but onto the next game...

    Unless VT shows marked improvement against Nebraska (who I don't think is really that good anyways), to paraphrase the words of Jerome Brown (when asked about Oregon by a reporter I believe), VT? We'll whoop the [crap] outta VT.

    Jacory, in 2 games, has only been knocked down like 3 times and sacked only once that I can think of off the top of my head. If VT wants a shot, they're gonna have to put pressure on him and cover 4-5 receivers at the same time. Plus, last night against GT--we showed that we can run the football effectively w/Baby J & Coop to keep the D honest. Oh--and don't anyone give me any of that "can Jacory handle Lane Stadium" BS. If he can act as cool as he did against FSU the whole game even at the end when everyone else (including me) was on the edge of their seat wondering if Fortson caught the ball...then he can handle Lane and the key-jingling Enter Sandman crowd.

    On Miami's D--if there's a soft spot, it's in the secondary, but Demarcus Vandyk3 was out against GT due to a concussion sustained early against FSU. That being said--I am NOT scared of Tyrod Taylor as a passing QB, esp. if you pressure him--from there, it's up to the linebackers to make sure he doesn't hurt us w/his feet. Ryan Williams and David Wilson were both impressive against Marshall...but that was the Blundering Terd D more than it was great VT offense, IMO--so, I'm not that afraid of the running game esp. w/o Darren Evans.

    I'll be up there next week for the game. I'll reserve a score prediction until I see what VT has for Nebraska tomorrow.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: GT vs Miami

    I wish I would have gotten to see more of Miami's first two games. Harris doesn't seem to have a cannon of an arm, but he places the ball very nicely from I have seen.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •